パリ中心部コンコルド広場に面した建物Hôtel de la Marineについて、The Art Tribuneから、2012年と2014年の記事の抜粋と、試訳です。


Hôtel de la Marine : The CMN Replaces the Louvre


11/1/14 – Heritage – Paris, Hôtel de la Marine – The Centre des Monuments Nationaux, and not the Louvre, has been designated to manage the Hôtel de la Marine starting in 2015, as announced yesterday in Le Figaro. The defection of the Parisian museum does not come as a surprise since we already knew that this operation was not a priority for Jean Luc Martinez. The arrival of the CMN, however, had not until now been mentioned though in fact it is perfectly suited for the mission. The purpose of this public establishment is to conserve and open to the public about one hundred monuments, often very important ones, which belong to the State.


This report demonstrated notably that the entire building is of historic value. The Cour des Comptes, as planned, will take over some of the offices currently occupied by the French Ministry of Defense ; others will be rented out. Although the preservation of the Hôtel de la Marine was guaranteed three years ago and is indeed a reality, we should continue to pay careful attention to just how it is carried out.

ル・フィガロの昨日の発表によると、ルーヴル美術館ではなく、Centre des Monuments Nationaux(CMN, フランス文化省管轄のフランス国立モニュメントセンター)が、2015年からオテル・ド・ラ・マリーンを管理することが決まった。(数年前に発表された)ルーヴル美術館が離脱したのは、さして驚くにはあたらない。マルティネス美術館長にとって、この文化財の運営はプライオリティの高いものではないからだ。一方、CMNは、実はこの役割に最適であるにもかかわらず、これまで話題に上らなかった。公共機関であるCMNの目的は、大多数が重要文化財である100件ほどの国有モニュメントを、保存し一般公開することにある。




Nicolas Sarkozy Confirms the Louvre’s Management of the Hôtel de la Marine


24/01/12 – Heritage – Paris, Hôtel de la Marine – Theoretically, the French President’s speech to the cultural world in Paris expressing his new year’s wishes is usually posted on the Elysée website shortly after. But at publication time, this was still not the case and, not having been able to attend, we must satisfy ourselves with commenting the few words appearing on the Ministry of Culture’s website concerning the Hôtel de la Marine…

Nicolas Sarkozy stated that he accepted as his “the conclusions of the commission headed by president Giscard d’Estaing […]. The heritage zones of the Hôtel de la Marine will be open to the public under the responsibility of the Louvre, which will present pieces of great historical and artistic value there, with the main courtyards transformed into pedestrian streets, the premises on the ground floor leased to art and French civilization activities.







YouTube video posted in 2012 by AFP “A Paris, l’Hôtel de la Marine ouvert au grand public en 2015”



History of the Hôtel de la Marine


The Hôtel de la Marine, looking out over the history of France


Designed by architect Jacques-Ange Gabriel, the Hôtel de la Marine was built between 1757 and 1774 on the north-east side of what is now the Place de la Concorde.

Originally intended to store royal furnishings, the building was assigned to the Navy Minister in 1789 when the royal family returned to Paris.

It has witnessed some of the most notable events in the history of France:




  • 11 July 1789: Prince de Lambesc ordered a cavalry charge against a crowd gathered on the Place Louis XV to protest against the dismissal of the Minister of Finance, Jacques Necker; the protestors pillaged historic weapons kept in the Royal Furniture Store,
  • 1789年7月11日:財務長官ジャック・ネッケルの解任に抗議するためルイ15世広場に集まった民衆に、ド・ランベスク公が近衛隊の突撃を命じた。
  • October 1789: the Navy Ministry moved into the building,
  • 1789年10月:海軍省が入った。
  • 11 and 17 September 1792: the Crown Jewels were stolen from the building,
  • 1792年9月11日・17日:王冠が盗難にあった。
  • 11 August 1792: the equestrian statue of Louis XV was pulled down and the square was renamed “Place de la Révolution”,
  • 1792年8月11日:ルイ15世の騎馬像が倒され、広場が「革命広場」と命名された。
  • 21 January 1793 and 16 October 1793: the death certificates of Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette were drawn up in the Hôtel de la Marine after they were guillotined on the square in front,
  • 1793年1月21日・1793年10月16日:ルイ16世とマリー・アントワネットが、目前の広場でギロチンにかけられた後、オテル・ド・ラ・マリーンで死亡証明書が作成された。
  • 2 December 1804: the coronation ball, attended by Napoleon I and Josephine, was held in the State reception rooms,
  • 1804年12月2日:ナポレオン1世とジョセフィーヌの列席で、戴冠式の舞踏会が政府レセプションの間で開催された。
  • Autumn 1830: the square took the name it bears today, Place de la Concorde,
  • 1830年秋:広場は今日のコンコルド広場と命名された。
  • 26 October 1836: the Luxor obelisk was erected on the Place de la Concorde, watched from the balcony by Louis-Philippe,
  • 1836年10月26日:コンコルド広場にルクソールのオベリスクが設置された。バルコニーからルイ・フィリップが見守った。
  • 27 April 1848: signature of the Abolition of Slavery Act promoted by Victor Schoelcher,
  • 1848年4月27日:ヴィクトル・シュルシェールが推進し、奴隷制廃止法が署名された。
  • Siege of Paris, 1870: the State reception rooms were requisitioned to serve as a hospital,
  • 1870年パリ包囲(普仏戦争):政府レセプションの間は徴用され、病院の役割を果たした。
  • Second World War: the building was occupied by the German Navy (Kriegsmarine),
  • 第二次世界大戦:建物はドイツ海軍に占拠された。
  • 25 August 1944: liberation of Paris. General de Gaulle passed in front of the building on his way from the Champs-Élysées to the Hôtel de Ville.
  • 1944年8月25日:パリ解放。ドゴール将軍のパレードは、シャンゼリゼ通りからパリ市庁舎に向かう途中、建物の前を通過した。

Image: Wikipedia Hôtel de la Marine